Friday, August 10, 2012

Toddler Construction Themed Party

My cousin Amanda just celebrated her son's 2nd birthday. Preston and I weren't able to make it, because it was in Michigan. I was already disappointed, but after I saw the pictures, I was downright sad we missed  it!

Preston and Eli are only about five months a part, and I know they'd be best friends if we still lived near them. We're one of those families where our cousins are more like our siblings, so living in Virginia sometimes wears on me.

Anyway, take a look at the fabulous job Amanda did...




Guests were greeted and introduced to the theme right away. You can buy inexpensive orange cones and caution tape at home improvement stores {like Lowe's}. Look closely at that wreath. It's wrapped in an extension cord. Genius!





I think it comes as no surprise that my favorite element on the food table are those toy dump trucks. I've never seen this done before, and it's simply perfection. It wouldn't even have to cost a cent if you already had a few hanging out in your child's toy box!





Eli's cake table is simple and fun too. Notice how she added interest by using a different color table cloth than the food table. She even saved money by making the cake herself, and the middle of the cake was yellow and chocolate caution stripes! Super cool.


Happy Birthday, Eli! We love YOU!











1 comment:

  1. Crystal, your website is amazing as well as all of the incredible talent you have!

    We wish you could have been there to celebrate with us. Just as we always want to be there with everyone to celebrate life's big and little moments!

    Thank you for sharing Eli's special day with everyone :) I hope this brings ideas and helpful tips to other families :)

    WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete