Friday, May 4, 2012

Birthday Decor & What Started it ALL...

I joined the awesome network of creative online entrepreneurs when I opened my first Etsy shop in 2010. Then, I was known as PreschoolDoll Designs, and I made homemade crayon party favors and some educational products for preschoolers. The crayons were my biggest sellers {and what cost me countless all-nighters}...







The majority of my business came from children's birthday parties, and I began an instant love affair with party decor and design. My clients came to me with an array of ideas, and I found myself wanting to do more for them. {Of course, I've always loved all aspects of design, so it's often hard for me to just zero in on home decor specifically!} For whatever reason, I never actually pushed a party decor direction in my shop. I still don't in Modern Bungalow , but occasionally I get special order requests for party decor anyway!

My latest children's party request has been for a "UNO" themed first birthday party for a little boy named Alex! I actually did Alex's baby shower...



Needless to say, I am honored to be a part of Alex's UNO Birthday party too! Here's what I've thrown together so far. A door sign to greet guests and help introduce the theme...


Then, I went ahead and made a highchair bunting too...


I have one more project yet to do, but I had to share some {I'm doing a wedding currently too} of what I've been up to on the business front lately!

Happy Friday,

Crystal xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment